So here I am, a little touch of redneck, republican, wiccan, prior military hippie, with a pinch of pin-up laying it all out on your computer screen. I don’t sugar coat my life and tell you how it is.
I’m the mother under the pretty dress, the one who tells you all the things you were never told before you had kids.
3. I drive a Subaru Outback.
Yes, I know who typically drives Outbacks.
4. I have been known to lick the bottom of a Doritos bags to get the last of the crumbs.
5. There is absolutely NO rhyme or reason to the decoration in my kid’s rooms. NOTHING matches and most of it is hand me downs.
6. ALL of the frames in my house are from Walmart or the Dollar Tree and probably are held together somewhere with duct tape and/or super glue.
7. I cut my kid’s hair, with no formal training what-so-ever. Therefore they often look like ho-bo children. And no, I’m not afraid to use a bowl!
8. The inside of my car looks like its been through Hurricane Sandy. No joke, its a disaster. My next car will be different. I’ve said that before.
9. I don’t really dust all that often. I hate it.
10. I don’t use paper towels. Haven’t had them in my house for almost 6 years, with the exception of a breach of security from time to time.
11. My dining room table is old barn planks.
12. The chairs around my table don’t match and are of different heights. One even has the paint peeling off.
13. My daughter often looks like the Wild Woman of Borneo because I don’t brush her hair. At 9 she is perfectly capable of brushing her own damn hair.
14. On any given day both my children look like they just crawled out of a dumpster.
15. It is physically impossible for me to keep my house in a state of tidy-ness.
16. My wardrobe is from Walmart, my kid’s wardrobe is from various thrift stores.
17. My idea of fine jewelry is anything from Walmart over $50. BTW, you can get some pretty expensive fun shit from Walmart.
18. I live from paycheck to paycheck.
19. On hot days in the summer I wash my kids in the backyard using a spaghetti pot, shower fluff, and soap….while they’re naked.
20. As a family we enjoy Pants Off Friday and parade around the house in our underwear.
21. I use old butter tubs as tupper wear.
22. ‘My’ glass is a mason jar. I drink all my cold drinks out of it.
23. If my bra matches my underwear it is a complete and total accident, and only happens once or twice a year.
24. I use the words twat and cunt on a regular basis.
25. I enjoy videos of things getting blown up/shot.
26. I have my very own deer hide that my Dad gave me. I asked for it one Christmas.
27. I have had a LOT of sex in my lifetime and I don’t hide that fact.
28. I am VERY open about EVERYTHING.
29. I’m a ball buster. If you have toothpaste on your face I’m going to tell you that your boyfriend has bad aim.
30. I burp.
31. I fart. In public. And then I giggle.
32. I taught my kids that farts=funny
33. I hang out with the guys and help them pick up chicks.
34. I tell it like it is, flat out, the non-fluffy version. If you suck, I’m going to tell you that you suck and why.
So that’s what makes me who I am. I’m a complete mess! I am so happy and comfortable in my skin. I may have taken the long way to get to where I am today but I wouldn’t change that for the world.
16 thoughts on “The Mommy”
and all of those are reasons why we love you…minus the republican part 😉
You rock! You are an inspiration!
Wait…..you have a pretty rocking blog there, companion commander. You found my local New Haven drink! Hah, that’s awesome….email me sometimes please; I shall don my kilt and live under the gas station you so selfishly hog!
You, my dear, are hilarious! I’m so glad I found your blog and can’t wait to read more I love your honesty
Why dint I meat you , 3or 5 yrs. ago?
Lol.. I love it.. You are my kinda girl..um woman!! I love your openness and your humor! Keep it coming!
Lmfao… I thought I was the only 1 haha… u have a way with words. Love absolutely love it.. do u proudly woman!! Ur kids sound like they r having the times of their lives. I grew up very very poor like we went from living in a car 2 ivy league private schools but I must say the best memories I have of my youth & brothers & sisters was when we dead broke making the best of it… I’m not saying ur broke wat I’m saying is that regardless of what u have u truly r making the best of it and loving life.. rock on sista!!
Thanks Charlyn! Life is what you make of it that’s for sure. Thanks for such a great comment! Go KUA!
You are definitely funny and hardly classless. You’re my kind of progressive woman. BTW, I used to live in CT myself…spent my formative years just down the road from you in Madison, then got married and moved to New Hampshire (wife’s family is from there). I did one more stint in CT (Manchester) from 2001-2010 then back to NH in Nov. 2010.
Erin said you were a hoot…and she is right. I lived in CT when I was a kid (Madison) and then Manchester from 2001-2010. Rest of the time has been spent in New Hampshire (Portsmouth).
I went to HS in NH. Love that state. I’m from Maine originally. Love Erin, she’s one of my favorites:)
And BTW…you’re not classless…you’re hilarious!
I like it! love, mom
You are amazing. That is all.
Love , love, love that list!